

And of course I can't forget the BEST night of 2010, and possibly my life, the night that Spain won the World Cup!!! It was the most amazing thing I have ever witnessed! The buzz and excitement in Spain that night was like nothing I have ever seen before! People were dancing, singing, buying each other drinks, hugging, kissing...it was amazing!!! Me and my good friend Jeni had the best night that night!! :)
So after we returned home to Ireland after 6 and a half fabulous weeks in Sunny Spain, we got a bit sad....and booked a ticket back to Spain after only 10days at home!! :)
This time we went to Alicante and spent 10 great days there! We loved it so much that we decided should we move to Spain, Alicante would be our new home! The City was beautiful!! The beach was amazing, the pier was so relaxing, the port was a great place to go for a walk and look at all the huge boats, the streets were cobbled-stoned and full of amazing little shops, and the Cathedral was the most beautiful building I had ever been in! Not to mention the shopping was amazing, AND they had a Disney Store!!!!

The Bad.....
Obviously the bad parts of this year would have to include Eve's surgery on January 18th. It was by far the worst day of my life. I really don't think I was ever so scared in all my life as I was when I kissed her goodbye in that O.R and left her life in the hands of 12 people. For over 6 hours, I sat and waited. Trying to think of anything I could to keep my mind occupied. Luckily my great friend Marie Claire was with me the whole time, talking about stupid stuff just to stop me from getting upset. Thankfully she came throught he surgery ok, but when the surgeon informed me that they had removed the middle lobe, as well as the upper lobe because they were both so damaged I was really upset. Instead of removing 1/3 of the right lung, they had removed 2/3, leaving her with just her lower lobe. However Eve pulled through it all like she usually does! She is my little fighter!!

This is the first picture of Eve post-op!
The Ugly.....
Definately the worst part of this year has been the last 16weeks. Eve has been constantly sick since we returned home from Spain in August. She hasn't managed to catch a break since then! 6 lung infections, 2wks of IV's, countless antibiotics...the list goes on.
The day of her bronch was probably my lowest point. Having her doctors tell me that her lungs have been significantly damaged and scarred since the surgery that was supposed to save the rest of her lungs, was the most horribly upsetting feeling.
I still don't know what I am going to do about that. Her doctors may have given up on her, but I will not!!
So as you can see we have had a hectic year, full of up's and down's.
Here's hoping 2011 will be a new year for us...in a brand new country!
HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all! :)
Peaceful Thoughts and Big Hugs to both of you. 2011 will be amazing! I just know it. :-)
ReplyDelete