Monday, January 3, 2011

To Port, or not to Port???


Ok so as you all know I finally agreed to Eve getting a Port during her last hospital stay in November.


With Eve's veins being extremely weak and constantly collapsing with IV's, I felt this was the best choice for her.


Her surgery was scheduled for January 24th, BUT I have decided to cancel it.





Over the past few nights I have been thinking long and hard about this and came to the conclusion that the port IS the best option for Eve, just not right now.


She has managed to successfully get over 5 BAD lung infections since September without needing IV's, and i have a very strong feeling that she will be able to fight these infections by herself for a very long time.


Don't ask me why, I just have this gut feeling that this year is going to be a good year for her.





So my point is, why do the port surgery now if shes gonna be able to last another 6-12months (and hopefully longer) without needing IV's???


Why drag her up to the hospital once a month to get her port flushed (and she HATES getting her lines flushed btw!) if it's not being used???


This Winter has been her worst yet and she has managed to get through it on her own by just upping physio and increasing orals!




So I am cancelling her surgery....


not forever, just for now.


My Happy HEALTHY little girl beating the infection out of her lungs!

2 comments:

  1. Sending lots of prayers and good vibes

    Send out only positive to the universe like we are with Jalan

    Our children are going to remain healthy this year
    They are too beautiful

    Luv Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heya, totally your own decision and one you should not be pressured into making. but just to let you know for if whenever she does get one, you can flush it at home. My mom learned after about two months and i much preferred her flushing it rather than the hospital. Oh and the flush doesn't feel the same as iv line flushes, ports you don't feel anything. Good luck! :) x

    ReplyDelete