Monday, January 17, 2011

One year ago....


One year ago today, we were sitting in a tiny room waiting.... watching dvd's, playing board games, reading books....pretty much doing anything to keep our minds off of what was happening the next day.






Eve was not a bit nervous about her forthcoming 6hr surgery, she was just happy they were letting her bring her "ganky" into the OR with her!



But as you can guess, I was extremely nervous. Actually, I was beyond nervous...I was terrified.



I cried myself to sleep for a whole week before her surgery. I remember crying so much that I couldnt cry anymore, but I made sure never to cry in front of Eve.



If mammy's scared, Eve's scared.

If mammy's happy, or at least acts happy, Eve's happy.
So that's what I did.



One year ago today, was horrible.


But thank God we will never have to re-live it......

Waiting to go down to the OR....

1 comment:

  1. Wow, how scary that must have been for you.... I am so glad she is doing so much better... I cannot imagine that, my lil CFer is 6 and doing very well... God Bless you both HUGS Marcy

    ReplyDelete