Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Answers.....

So once again, Eve is sick.


I have lost count of how many times she has been sick since her last admission in September, but im thinking this is infection no. 7/8 since then??


It is ridiculous how often she is getting sick, and even more ridiculous that there is nothing I can do about it.


We do so much airway clearance, never skip a treatment, and still her lungs fill back up with thick sticky mucus.


I am sick of going to our CF doc and them telling me "oh she SOUNDS clear"....


Yea dumbass, she ALWAYS sounds clear...but she's not!!!




On the day of her bronch back in November, Eve blew a PFT of 103% (FEV1), then the docs listened to her pre-bronch and said those oh so familiar words..."well she sounds clear".


But then after the bronch they come in and tell me that, to their suprise, her lungs were in a terrible condition. They were filled with thick mucus, there was a lot of scarring and also inflammation.


That is when i finally released that all the times I was told that Eve "sounds" clear, she was not.


All those times her doc made me out to be a paranoid mother thinking her child is sick when really she "sounded" fine....I was right!


She was far from fine!!!


I had to push so hard for them to do that bronch. I said to them that I knew something was wrong but they told me there was no need to do it, that she was clear and that her lungs were fine.


Well they weren't.




I am just sick of it all, I am sick of Eve being sick...


I am sick of doctors fobbing me off and telling me Eve "sounds" fine.


I am sick of them telling there is nothing more they can do.


I am sick of not getting any answers or solutions.




Seriously, Chicago could not come any sooner!!


Only 6 more weeks until we HOPEFULLY get some answers!
Someone has to be able to help my girl......
.

No comments:

Post a Comment