On the 1st of June Eve and I jetted off to Malaga in Spain for what turned out to be the best 6weeks of our lives! We spent the first 3 weeks by ourselves and had a great time! It was so nice for it just to be the two of us, going swimming, sunbathing, shopping, eating out...we had sooo mcuh fun! :) Then in the 4th week my best friend Siobhan rang me one morning and announced that she was in Malaga airport!! She had flown out to suprise us and stayed with us for a whole week!! It was so nice to see a familiar face after so long :) Then a few days after Siobhan left, my sister Mary joined us! We had a great week with her. I think our best day is when we went to a gorgeous park and went boating with Eve on a little lake! Eve had so much fun watching Mary and I struggle to paddle the boat! :)
At the end of the 4 weeks Mary, Eve and I all set off for the loooong bus trip (9hrs to be exact) to Benidorm to meet my mam and holiday there for 2 weeks! We had been there last year and loved it so much, we went back! Of course, we had an amazing time! Eve loves the water there and spent the entire day swimming :) She was really quite good for a child who used to be so scared of water!
So after our 6weeks had ended, we went home sad and depressed to be back to the crappy damp Irish weather! So....3weeks later we decided to fly back again, this time to Alicante :) Again, just Eve and I went but we bumped into some friends from home on our 2nd day and ended up hanging around with them for the next 10days! Alicante was so beautiful and had the prettiest sites I had ever seen! We had such a good time there!

Eve at the fabulous Playa de Postiguet
Enjoying a huge Ice Cream sundae at the harbour!
So as you can see our Summer was pretty much amazing! In those 6weeks I have never seen Eve so healthy and active in all my life! She spent every second of every day outside playing, swimming, running around...something that she cannot do here because of the weather!!!
I'll blog again soon but for now, Hasta lluego! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment