First off, we had Eve's interview and photoshoot with the national newspaper which turned out to be great fun!! The interview went great and I thought the editor did a great job!! Not to mention the photographer!
I love this photo...its definately one for the wall! :)
I love this photo...its definately one for the wall! :)Then the next day we had Eve's annual assessment in the hospital. It was basically just an overnight stay where we saw her physiotherapist, dietician, CF nurse, CF consultant and got PFT's done. Everything went great...we saw the doctor who recommended the lobectomy for Eve and we were so happy to meet with him again! He hadnt seen Eve since the surgery so he was shocked at the improvemtn in her whole being! He said that she seemed like a completely different child...which she does!! Though he was quick to remind us that although Eve is healthy right now, she still has very severe CF and could get sick again at any time! I just pray that her other lung wont get bad because if it does, we'll be looking at a double lung transplant in a matter of years! :(
On the bright side of things, we are off to Spain on Tuesday and we are both sooooo excited!! I cannot wait to see Eve happy and healthy on the beach again. Last year, she was so much healthier for the few weeks we spent in Spain and as soon as we got home, she had to be hospitalised again. Our doctor told us it is 50% easier for CFers to breath beside the beach because of all the saline in the air. This statement was the reason I decided that we HAD to move to Spain eventually. The median life expectancy for someone with CF in Ireland is 16....in Spain it is 37. That to me leaves no question. We ARE moving! It may not be until next year...I still have some college courses to do in order for me to get work as a teacher over there, but we will get there! I'd move to the end of the earth if it meant my girl will have a better and healthier life!!
On another note...Eve got fitted for her school uniform today and it was so sad for me to watch!! :( It just reminded me how old she is getting...I wish she could stay my little girl forever! But she does look amazingly adorable....
Well I promise to blog all the time from Spain...we will be gone for 6weeks so Ill have to keep you all updated on our trip!! Till then...adios amigos! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment